Saturday, June 2, 2012

Good morning Korea!

It is 5:36 am in Seoul, and the sun in shining (already!) We made it to Seoul National University last night, got to our hotel rooms, and ate a wonderful dinner at the university for our first Korean meal. I'm sure everyone is curious about the food- it was delicious! I can't wait to try more things. I was a little safe the first night, having beef ribs in a sweet sauce, but I will get more adventerous! After dinner a few of us went on a hike (a very uphill hike- which is very strange to us in Florida) to a nearby
convenient store, which gave us a chance to practice using our Korean money. After that, it was bedtime for me!

I was very intrigued driving from the airport on Inchean, as the people who were sitting by can attest to, I kept pointing EVERYTHING! Just a few things of note- tRhere are beautiful mountains in the background, the city huge with thousands of different shops lining the hilly streets, advertising in bold, bright colors.


I am looking forward to today, we are touring SNU and meeting the agriculture education students. I am excited to see the campus, to compare it to our own. Just from walking to the store last night I know we are going to be up for another hike today!

Side notes-
-the SNU campus is pretty Eco friendly from what I can tell. The lights in the hallway are mention sensored so they are not always on, you have to put your room key into a slot by the door in order to have lights turn on (so you can't leave lights on when you leave), and there is a card that you put on the bed if you want your linens changed, they don't automatically do it everyday, for conservation purposes.
-Netflix has not reached this part of the world yet ( as I found out when I woke up not able to go back to sleep)
-My website that I am currently blogging on is in Korean. Soooo... I can't read any of the controls! Cross your fingers that this posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment