Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Through My Eyes

Hello!

In just a few short weeks, my classmates will have a one of a kind experience! You will be able to share in our adventure through this blog. I hope you will hearing our thoughts and feelings. As one of your authors, I would like to give you some insight into who I am.

My name is Matthew Reutlinger. I am a freshman majoring in Agriculture and Extension Eduation, at Penn State University, and am proud to be a part of this group! I am really looking forward to this adventure and all that it entails. Even since I was a kid, I have always wanted to see and explore the world around me. I became involved with agriculture education in high school, when I took a mechanics class. I've been in love with it ever since. My passion for agriculture education lies in FFA.

FFA, for those who aren't familiar, is a leadership organization for students in agriculture education that promotes leadership, personal growth, and career success. The organization provides endless opportunities for those who engage and get active! I would consider choosing to take my FFA experience as far as possible, a critical moment in my life. Through my time I have learned practical skills, developed my convidense and aptitude for public speaking, and discovered a path to take in life. I can honestly say that if I had not joined FFA, I would be less of a person.

My love for the FFA is one of the main reasons why I am excited to go to Korea! We will have the opportunity to interact with the FFK (Korea's model of our FFA). I believe the experience will give me an excellent chance to broaden my perspective on the benefits of youth leadership organizations. I also look forward to sharing those lessons I learn with folks here at home.

I also look forward to sharing my adventures with all of you! I love to explore! Traveling is one of my favorite things to do, because it allows me to discover more about the world around me and myself. Like Indy, I welcome all challenges! Going to Korea presents some such as the language barrier, cultural differences, a thirteen hour time difference, and so on. We'll be sure to keep you in the loop!

Thank you for reading and joining us! Until next time.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment